Capitol Chilled Foods (Australia) Pty Ltd takes pride in adopting industry best practice in all facets of our business.
To achieve and maintain our OH&S standards, we conduct our business in a manner that respects and aims to protect our employees, customers and the broader local community.
To support our commitment to the health and safety of our employees we endeavour to meet and where practical exceed the requirements of recognised industry safety standards and management systems.
We are committed to:
- Providing a safe and healthy working environment for our employees, contractors and visitors to our site.
- Meeting our legal and moral obligations by complying with all the relevant Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) legislation and codes of practice.
- Continual improvement of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) to improve overall OH&S performance.
To meet our commitments:
We are implementing a Safety Management System (SMS) based on the requirements of AS/NZS 4801 2001 to support our commitment through safety management systems.
Under our Safety Management System CCFA will:
- Endeavour to assess all safety risks and address them before they cause illness or injury.
- Identify safety hazards and risks in their workplace and make people aware of them and how to avoid them.
- Provide training to give people the skills required to conduct their work in a safe manner.
- Promote consultation at all levels within the company.
- Utilise an effective rehabilitation program which aims to fully rehabilitate employees as quickly as possible.
- Ensure our programs in place enable us to manage the safety of contractors and visitors to our site.
- Conduct periodic auditing of all SMS programs for effectiveness.
- Ensure effective implementation of OHSMS by defining the areas of accountability & responsibility of those personnel involved in the systems operation.
This is our commitment to the safety and well being of everyone at our site.